Tuesday 24 February 2009

NOW, SERIOUSLY...

Normally this is not strictly speaking in my usual professional field of interest (although this blog covers television) and I try not to react on "emotion mode". But I read on the always excellent Digital Spy website that Cerrie Burnell, a disabled presenter of the CBeebies channel (the BBC channel for children) is victim of a campaign because some parents have suggested that the young woman - born without the lower right arm - may [God, how can I even be obliged to write what follows...] "scare children" (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a147553/disabled-bbc-presenter-scaring-children.html).

What scares me, for my part, is that some people can think that sort of things. Fortunately, the boss of CBeebies, Michael Carrington, and the Beeb, have expressed their support to Miss Burnell (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a147613/bbc-defends-disabled-presenter.html). May I remind that when I was younger, the BBC was the home of Vision On, a funny, clever and bold program for deaf children (and the others too, it was one of my favourite shows...)

Like the Beeb, and many others, your humble French servant would like to express his support to Cerrie Burnell.

No comments: